_______9. Which of the following would be a good title for the ideas in this passage?
- How Much Should be Granted to the Poor?
- Government Assistance
- Poverty and the Poor
- The Poverty Problem
- Human Rights
_______10. According to the above passage, providing assistance for the poor is
- an important ingredient of a democracy.
- a debatable question.
- not a good choice.
- just perpetuating poverty.
- not up to those in policy-making positions.
No, your autobiography is not a marketable subject, unless you are a movie star, politician, or other type of celebrity. A book concerning your travels abroad is not a likely candidate either.
A marketable subject is one that is of interest to the general public or at least appeals to a sizeable speciality group, and that has not been adequately covered elsewhere. Remember the six magic words: "Find a need and fill it."
________11. According to the author, all of the following are true about a marketable subject for a book EXCEPT
- one that is of interest to the general public
- appeals to a sizeable speciality group
- tackles a topic that has not been adequately covered elsewhere
- a book concerning your travels abroad
- autobiography of a celebrity
________12. A good title for this selection would be
- My Autobiography
- Have You Chosen a Marketable Subject?
- How to Write a Book
- How to Write an Autobiography
- How to Write an autobiography