Mathematics Test III Solution - Page 89
35. A basketball team has won 24 games out of 36 games played. It has 24 more games to play. How many ofthese must the team win to make its record 80% for the season ?
The total number of wins = 80% x (total no. of games played)
= 0.80 x ( 36 + 24 )
= 0.80 ( 60 )
Since they already won 24 games, they need to win 24 more games. * Ans.
36. If prices are reduced by 25% sales increased by 33 ⅓ % what is the net effect on gross revenue ?
Revenue = price x no. items sold
R = P x N
Rorig = PN
If prices are reduced by 25%
Rnew = ( P - 25% P) ( N + 33 ⅓ N )
= ( P - ¼ P ) ( N + ⅓ N )
= ( ¾ P ) ( 4/3 N )
Rnew = PN
Rnew = Rorig
The revenues remain the same * Ans.
37. An 8-meter rope is cut so that one part is 3/5 of the other. How long in meters, is the shorter segment ?
Let x - be the length of the shorter rope.
Let 8 - x be the length of the larger rope
x = 3 ( 8 - x )
5x = 3 ( 8 - x )
5x = 24 - 3x
5x + 3x = 24
8x = 24
x = 3 meters * Ans.
38. When the gasoline guage of an automobile shows 1/8 full, 52.5 liters is needed to completely fill the gasoline tank. What is the capacity, in liters of the gasoline tank?
Let x - be the capacity in liters
x - 1 x = 52.5
7 x = 52.5
x = 52.5 ( 8 )
x = 60 * Ans.
Civil Service Reviewer Post 89/159
"This Civil Service Online Reviewer was made just for the sake of those who wanted to see what a Civil Service Exam will look like and what are the kinds of exams being given. This is not a leak or whatsoever, this is just a reviewer. To God be the glory and may the Lord God bless you as you take the Civil Service Examination."
Guys we have now responsive template, meaning kahit sa phone (Nokia, iPhone, Samsung, etc.), tablet or any kind ng cellphone na pwede kayong makapag-internet madali nyo pa ring maa-access ang reviewer na ito!
RESULTS OF CIVIL SERVICE EXAM LAST APRIL 17, 2016
- List of Passers: April 17, 2016 Civil Service Exam (CSE-PPT) Results - Professional & Subprofessional
IMPORTANT REMINDERS SA MGA KUKUHA NG CIVIL SERVICE EXAM
Home » Civil Service Commission Professional or Sub-Professional Reviewer - Page 89/159 » Civil Service Commission Professional or Sub-Professional Reviewer - Page 89/159